1. 103.6 degrees Fahrenheit is too hot to support human endeavor.
2. It’s not much fun to play with makeup when it’s boiling hot out. Nevertheless, I persevered, for the good of the country. After all, I had new Fyrinnae to test out.
3. Macro mode is good for taking close-up eye pictures.
4. SUPER macro mode is even better.
5. I need full sizes of Fyrinnae Sequined Master, Valhalla, and Moon Child, STAT. Also, Avian Shapeshifter and possibly Titania, but that’s another post.
6. It is well nigh impossible to take photos of Fyrinnae eye shadows that do them even the teeniest bit of justice. The three I used today are all incredibly sparkly and complex and beautiful, and a total bitch to photograph–Sequined Master in particular, which, depending on the light and viewing angle, displays various purples, aqua, silver, and pink. Insane. This next photo is a bit blurry but does give an indication of the complexity.
7. There is such a thing as “too hot to swatch.” I usually take some of my swatch photos in direct sunlight, and I’m pretty sure that today’s particular variety of direct sunlight would cause me to burst immediately into flames and/or melt into a sticky, sparkly puddle. I really wanted to do swatches, but in the end, I just sat on the couch eating a popsicle, sobbing quietly, and asking the universe to please, please provide me with slightly cooler temperatures. Or, you know, the sweet release of death. Whichever.
- UDPP and Pixie Epoxy under everything
- Fyrinnae Sequined Master on lids and under lower lashes
- Fyrinnae Valhalla above Sequined Master and in crease
- Fyrinnae Moon Child to highlight and in inner corners
- Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero
- Christian Dior DiorShow over Urban Decay Lash Primer
- Urban Decay XXX Shine lip gloss in Love Junkie. Which reminds me,
8. I seriously love Love Junkie. It looks pretty dark and foreboding in the tube, but it’s this gorgeous sort of berry stainy color when you put it on. It’s what I wanted the much-ballyhooed and, in my opinion, wildly overrated Clinique Black Honey to be. I don’t think it’s available in XXX Shine anymore, but you can get it in one of Urban Decay’s other gloss varieties, I forget which one.
9. It is too goddamn hot to have a laptop on my lap. I’m going to go stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open for a while.